Podcast: Who You Callin’ WUSI?
The Busyness Paradox Episode #15: Who You Callin’ WUSI?, Episode Description:
An employee accuses you of being an abusive boss. Their proof? They THINK you’re an abusive boss.
Research has led many states to pass laws intended to protect employees from abusive supervisors. Sounds good, right? But who determines the difference between legitimate reprimands, constructive criticism and abuse? In this episode we discuss our largely ignored (until recently) attempt to remove some of the subjectivity and bias from this determination: a little thing called WUSI.
Time stamps, people, and products mentioned:
- 00:36 Busy Bite: Efficiency is the Enemy
- 1:32 Slack off to get more slack
- 7:10 We have a new logo!
- 8:27 What’s WUSI?
- 9:19 Protecting employees or weaponizing whiners?
- 12:04 Abuse is in the eye of the beholder
- 25:45 Three pillars of WUSI
- 26:28 WUSI’s perceive more supervisor abuse. A lot more.
- 26:45 Brooks T. Durham, VP Operations / General Manager, LD Davis Industries
- 26:50 Dave Woehr, Belk Distinguished Professor of Business Administration
Join the Busybody family and share your experiences with abusive supervision with us. If there is a topic you would like us to cover in a future episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @busynessparadox. Share with friends or colleagues that you think will be interested in the topics we cover.